Welcome, Sports Fans!
You’re here at the home page of the very special FlameCityNights Olympic sweepstake event.
On June 28th, at around 18.30pm. attendees at GameCityNights will be offered the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch a person jog past the venue holding a flaming torch.
Here at GCHQ, we’ve been considering for some time how to mark this auspicious occasion and this time we have decided to turn our back on our usual trademark indifference in favour of an all-out frenzied celebration of combustion in motion.
How To Play
We’re offering you the chance to WIN BIG by making PREDICTIONS about the ENVIRONMENTAL, TECHNOLOGICAL, TEMPORAL and HUMAN VARIABLES
that the flame will be moving through during that extra-special night.
Here’s a couple of questions to get started:
1. In which hand will the runner be holding the torch? Left or Right? (Final determination to be made when the torch passes Line A as shown in photographic evidence ‘The Corner’ below.)
2. What brand of shoe/trainer will the runner be wearing?
3. What colour will the pedestrian crossing be (Circled in the photo titled ‘The Corner’) when the runner passes line B?)
4. What will the price of Unleaded be on the day the runner passes? (Circled in the photo titled ‘The Onward Journey’)
5. Which side of the road will the runner be on when they cross marker C?
6. What sex will the runner be as they cross marker B?
7. Will the runner have a tail wind or head wind as they head towards marker C?
8. What facial jewellery will the runner be sporting?
9. How many steps will the runner take between markers B and C?
10. How long will it take the runner to pass between markers B and C? Answer in seconds.
More questions will be announced at FlameCityNights for you to consider, along with the sweepstake form for you to enter your predictions.
But of course, we wouldn’t ask you to do that with no prior information…
Here is the evidence base to examine, from which we’ll be inviting you next week to predict the answers to a number of questions.
The audience member who scores the most correct answers on the night wins something brilliant. Excited?
Satellite view of the maps route. Note location of Antenna, the venue in which GameCityNights takes place.
View Olympic Torch Relay day 41 Nottingham in a larger map
You’ll be wanting to pay special attention to the circled areas.
More will be being added.
The Onward Journey